2021-22 Student Ambassador applications open!
Educators Rising believes in the importance of student voice, and we are excited to announce an opportunity for our members to stand out and get more involved! The Educators Rising Ambassador Program allows you to add leadership experience to your college applications or resumés, have your voice heard at the state and national level, and network with other rising educators and teachers from across the country. DEADLINE: October 15, 2021
Student Ambassadors will gain:
- State/National Exposure
- Professional Development Resources
- Leadership Experience Opportunities
- Educators Rising NM T-Shirt
- Paid National Membership Fee (*Must be Active-Level member)
- Have at least one year remaining in your educational program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Demonstrate leadership on your campus
- Be regularly active on social media
- Be available to attend state conference and meetings (in-person and virtual)
- Upload letter of recommendation by your Teacher Leader
WHAT DO STUDENT AMBASSADORS DO?
- Represent Educators Rising in your region and throughout the state at various events
- Assist with planning and hosting statewide events, including the state conference
- Promote Educators Rising NM through social media
- Participate in various trainings throughout the year
- Engage EdRising NM students to have a voice in education!
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application (link below) and upload a recommendation letter.
- Create a 30 second video of your elevator pitch / elevator speech on why you want to be an EdRising student ambassador and what you believe is critical to education in our state.
- The Selection Committee will review the applications and select applicants by November 1st.
Deadline is October 15th