We are now accepting applications for Student Ambassadors for 2020-21!
Educators Rising believes in the importance of student voice, and we are excited to announce an opportunity for our members to stand out and get more involved! The Educators Rising Ambassador Program allows you to add leadership experience to your college applications or resumés, have your voice heard on a state level, and network virtually with other rising educators and teachers from across the country.
Students who are accepted as Educators Rising Ambassadors will gain:
- State Exposure
- A chance to provide input and feedback regarding state activities
- Professional Development resources
- Listed publicly in our promotional materials
- Leadership Experience
- Designated role at the Educators Rising NM State Conference
- Educators Rising NM T-Shirt
Educators Rising Active-level members are eligible to become Educators Rising NM Ambassadors. In order to be selected, you will have to keep your social media profiles public so that everyone is able to see what you post, and your online presence must be professional.
An ideal ambassador will be:
- Very active on social media.
- Knowledgeable on the differences between Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook — and which kinds of posts are the most popular on each platform.
- Engaged with their audience regularly.
- Posting appropriate and grammatically correct content.
- Invested in having an impact as a future educator.
- Have at least one year remaining in his/her educational program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Demonstrate leadership on campus
- Be regularly active on social media
- Be available to attend state conference and meetings (in-person and virtual)
- Upload letter of recommendation by the Teacher Leader/Advisor
The primary responsibilities of Educators Rising NM Ambassadors involve the following:
- At least once a week, share important messages from Educators Rising NM. Retweet or repost content from the state office (@EducatorsRisingNM), or post sample tweets/graphics that we’ll create and send to you to make this easy.
- Engage with Educators Rising NM and other rising educators on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram regularly. Examples: Comment to respond to a question we asked on Instagram, retweet another ambassador, or send an encouraging tweet to one of your peers.
- Using #EdRisingNM, post photos of chapter events, conferences or competitions, classroom experiences, or yourself wearing Educators Rising gear. We especially want you to share your personal teaching stories; your voice matters!
- Share your teaching stories and interests with us so we can keep an eye out for complementary opportunities for you to get more involved.
- Attend Student Ambassador training and quarterly meetings (in-person and virtual).
- Assist with annual state conference and promoting it on social media.
- Represent Educators Rising in a positive and professional manner as a Student Ambassador.
Educators Rising NM Student Ambassadors must be able to check and regularly respond to emails throughout the year. We’ll communicate all upcoming opportunities to you via email, and we want your input on what you want to pursue.
During the year, ambassadors will have the chance to engage further with us. Here are some ways you could get even more involved:
- If you attend state/regional conferences, post on social media to share what’s going on and provide event coverage for those who can’t be there.
- When it gets closer to our state conference, promote it to your followers and share your experiences if you’re attending.
More information will be provided about these opportunities as they arise.
Accepting submissions beginning August 17, 2020.
Please submit your application here: https://forms.gle/VQt3bZkqL1YUUott8