Are you a dynamic teacher interested in GROWING YOUR OWN Teachers for your community?
Are you willing to nurture middle or high school students interested in becoming educators?
Are you ready to become a TEACHER LEADER?
If you answered YES! to these questions, please read the information below in order to establish an Educators Rising organization at your school. Here is a quick Get Involved Membership Guide!
Start an Educators Rising Chapter at your Middle/High School today!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested, and we can add you to our listserve and answer any questions you have.
- Register as a Teacher Leader (free!) with the national Educators Rising website and choose the Middle/High School membership option.
- Recruit students and have them register through the national website and choose the student membership option. Anyone who is at least 13 years old and is interested in the field of education can join the Educators Rising network.
- Active-level membership is $10/year and required for participation in state and national events. Active-level students can participate in leadership opportunities, state and national conferences and competitions, scholarship opportunities and more!
- Make sure students are linked to your school-based organization. HINT: Have students enter the school address and zip code when they register.
- Here is a video to help your students get registered.
- Register with our state office here, you will need to upload your student roster to complete this form. NOTE: National and State registration are required annually for official affiliate status.
- Check the educatorsrisingnm.nmsu.edu website regularly for updates.
- Download the EdRising 2020-21 Guide and get started!