Are you a dynamic teacher interested in GROWING YOUR OWN teachers for your community?
Are you willing to nurture middle and high school students interested in becoming educators?
Are you ready to become a TEACHER LEADER?
If you answered YES! to these questions, please read the information below in order to establish an EdRising NM organization at your school.
Starting an Educators Rising NM Chapter today!
- Contact EdRising NM at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested.
- Go to educatorsrising.org under the Join the Network tab and register as a Teacher Leader.
- Recruit students and have them register at educatorsrising.org under the Join the Network tab as students. Anyone who is at least 13 years old and is considering a career in teaching can join the Educators Rising network. There are two levels of Educators Rising membership:
- Base-level membership is free of charge and includes access to the Virtual Campus, Educators Rising Standards, and National Board videos.
- Active-level membership is for those students who wish to take on a more active role and costs $10/year. NOTE: Students must be Active-level members in order to participate in student leadership, state and national conferences, competitions and the Ed Rising Honor Society, or to be eligible for scholarships.
- Make sure students are linked to your school-based organization. HINT: Have students enter the school address and zip code when they register.
- Check the educatorsrisingnm.nmsu.edu website regularly for updates.
- Download the 2019-20 Teacher Leader Start Up Guide and get started!
- Complete and return the 2019-20 Student Membership Log and Program of Work for your Educators Rising Chapter to email@example.com with Membership Log/Program of Work in the subject line.